Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have forgotten where I got this, but give it a try. It's a good one dish, quick meal.
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) canchunk chicken, drained
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet, saute rice-vermicelli in margarine until golden brown over medium heat.
- Stir in water and special seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, chicken, tomato and basil.
- Cover, simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
This dish was really easy to prepare. I like the pace it took to make it, not too fast or too slow. There was too much salt in the rice-a-roni and unfortunately it overpowered everything so taste wise it gets a three while the prep gets a five. Thanks for posting :) Made for PAC 2010