Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great one-dish meal to serve over rice, pasta, or bread. We love it and so so our kids! Let us know what you think.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise in 1 inch strips
- 16 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 onions (cut in big chunks)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- Using a deep dish skillet add water, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken.
- Cover and cook on High until chicken starts to turn white (about 5 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and chicken bullion.
- Add crushed red pepper if desired.
- Add basil, green pepper, mushrooms, tomato paste, and diced tomato.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes, crack the lid to let the steam escape for another 30 minutes.
I found the chicken itself to be a little dry so next time I'll probably cut the cooking time down a little. But the FLAVOR of the chicken was great! (Also, I cut out the mushrooms and exchanged tomato sauce for the tomato paste.) And I used 3 large cloves of garlic. Thanks!
Very good! Served over yellow rice. I cut the servings in half, but used 1 cup of water, and 6oz of tomato paste. also did not list how much garlic, I used 4 cloves diced.