1 hr 20 mins
Dave Salch's Note:
This is a great one-dish meal to serve over rice, pasta, or bread. We love it and so so our kids! Let us know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise in 1 inch strips
- 16 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 onions (cut in big chunks)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1Using a deep dish skillet add water, onion and garlic.
- 2Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken.
- 4Cover and cook on High until chicken starts to turn white (about 5 minutes).
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste and chicken bullion.
- 6Add crushed red pepper if desired.
- 7Add basil, green pepper, mushrooms, tomato paste, and diced tomato.
- 8Cover and simmer 30 minutes, crack the lid to let the steam escape for another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Basil Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 1060.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 42.1 g