Recipe by Tammy
Allrecipes - Basil Chicken over Angel Hair
Top Review by CIndytc
Made this for PAC Spring 2012 and boy was this a hit with my better half...he says I can make this as much times as I want...I did use fresh liguini that I needed to use up instead of angel hair, otherwise followed recipe...great easy fresh taste..I suspect if you did not have fresh basil some pesto in it would do just fine.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
- Toss sauce with hot cooked angel hair pasta to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.