Recipe by Elijon
Just something I threw together with what I had in the house. After taking a quick look at the recipes I usually make, I decided to try something new. Husband approved and so did the teenager, so I figure it must be a keeper! This makes a colorful and quick meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 sprigs basil (about 1/2 cup of fresh, uncut leaves, loosely packed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your penne pasta, strain, and set aside.
- cut raw chicken breasts into bite sized strips.
- In a skillet, melt the butter on low heat and add minced onions and garlic, stir until well saturated.
- Add chicken strips to the skillet, along with your cajun seasoning, mix until even. Cover and allow to simmer on medium/low heat.
- when chicken is about halfway cooked, add the basil. I like to cut mine up into strips with cooking sheers, as some of those leaves can be big! Stir, cover, and simmer on medium/low until chicken is nearly done.
- Slowly add the cream, stirring in well. if you like a little extra sauce for your pasta, add a little extra cream.
- Add your freshly diced tomato to the mix and stir. Cover and allow chicken to finish cooking.
- Serve hot over pasta, top with parmesan.