1/1 Photo of Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1802395849's Note:
A refreshing appetizer served on baguettes; Ideal for parties and dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 French baguettes (24 slices)
- 10 red Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, mix with oil and vinegar, to put on top of baguettes
- 11. Par boil tomatoes, for 1 minute; remove skin, cut in half remove seeds if possible.
- 22. Chop the tomatoes fine; put in bowl with garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar. Mix well.
- 33. Add 1/3rd cup chopped basil, garli, salt and pepper.
- 44. Slice the baguette on a diagonal 1/2 inch slices. Rub garlic on the slices.
- 55. Drizzle oil on one side and use pastry brush to spread.
- 66. Place baguettes on baking sheet., oil side down; toast in upper rack of oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 77. To serve, align the bread on the serving platter, oil side down. Place tomato mixture on each piece of bread. You may add additional minced basil/oil mixture on top. Serve.
- 8Variations: Add mozzarella cheese, peppers etc.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g