Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
- 1. Par boil tomatoes, for 1 minute; remove skin, cut in half remove seeds if possible.
- 2. Chop the tomatoes fine; put in bowl with garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar. Mix well.
- 3. Add 1/3rd cup chopped basil, garli, salt and pepper.
- 4. Slice the baguette on a diagonal 1/2 inch slices. Rub garlic on the slices.
- 5. Drizzle oil on one side and use pastry brush to spread.
- 6. Place baguettes on baking sheet., oil side down; toast in upper rack of oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7. To serve, align the bread on the serving platter, oil side down. Place tomato mixture on each piece of bread. You may add additional minced basil/oil mixture on top. Serve.
- Variations: Add mozzarella cheese, peppers etc.