Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received this recipe from a friend a few years ago and have made it every summer when I have fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden. It's easy and very good, even the next day.
- 500 g linguine
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces brie cheese, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 -3 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Mix tomatoes, cheese, oil, garlic, basil and marinade at room temperature for appox.
- 2 hours.
- Cook linguini until aldente.
- Drain& toss with marinated mixture.
- Serve with parmesan.
- Very Good!
- For a different flavour try fresh oregano with the basil.
- Camenbert can also be substiuted for the brie.
Loved this flavor combination! I've usu make just the usual bruschetta type tomatoes with pasta but I LOVED the addition of Brie. (and since I just got a couple of chunks of brie on clearance for 99 cents - I will be having this for lunch alot!) Used just a shot of olive oil and had leftover penne pasta so I used that instead of the linguini. Yum yum yum! Thanks for posting!
This is something I make every summer but I add crabmeat, use 2 cups of fresh Basil and serve it as a dip with chunks of French Bread. Decadent and oh so good, lick your lips good. Thx Linda for posting.