Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a local grocery store's monthly newsletter. Posting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 (24 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- crouton (optional)
- Combine pasta sauce, spinach and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- Return to pot and heat through.
- Serve with croutons if desired.
Awesome! You can make this delicious, healthy soup in about the time it takes to open a can. I used Muir Glen tomato and basil sauce, whole foods vegetable broth, and added a pinch of sugar and a little salt and pepper. Served with grilled cheese for lunch and the kids loved it. So did I! Thanks for sharing the recipe!