Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy and yummy. Good on a cold winter day. Not only stretches a can of soup into several servings, but also makes it taste homemade. Great with a grilled cheese sandwich!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, peeled and finely diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix ingredients together and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Made this for Let's PARTY 2011 tag game. I cut it in half for DH and I and followed the rest of the instructions. Very rich, simple and delicious. One I will make again. Thank you for posting.
Well I just thought this was great! I reduced the recipe by half, and prepared as directed, except I used a handful of grape tomatoes in place of the plums, as that is what I had on hand. The richness of the half and half really shines through in this bisque. It was a bit more delicate than tomato soup, yet hearty at the same time. Thanks for sharing, Porfavorcorona! I'll tuck this one away for later!
I cut this recipe in half and made for my lunch one day and I loved it. It was hard to believe I started with canned tomato soup. Thank for posting this recipe since I KNOW I'll be using it again and again. Made for PAC Fall 2009.