Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is not your average tomato basil tart. It's great for a brunch or with soup and a salad.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup crushed Ritz cracker, divided
- 6 -7 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed fresh basil, thinly shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Lightly roll pie crust on a floured surface and fit pie crust into a 9 inch tart or pie pan and trim edges (tart pan) or crimp edges (pie pan) to fit.
- Line pie crust with foil and fill with pie weights or dry beans.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes. Remove foil and weights and bake an additional 6-7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir together cheese and mayonnaise. Spread half of cheese mixture evenly over prepared pie crust. Sprinkle half of cracker crumbs evenly over cheese mixture.
- Arrange tomato slices over cracker crumbs; sprinkle with crumbled bacon, basil and pepper. Spread remaining cheese mixture over the top and sprinkle with rest of cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
This was a very pretty tart and smelled wonderful while baking. For us it was a bit to salty. When I make this again I will use about 1/2 cup parmesan cheese instead of 3/4 cup. I did use turkey bacon so that helped to cut down the saltiness. Also, would only sprinkle cracker crumbs over the top of the tart and use sparingly.