Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Eating Well Magazine January 2006. These appetizers will go quickly. Greek olives would be delicious added to this, too!
- 6 firm cherry tomatoes
- 6 small fresh mozzarella balls
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil (the best quality)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 bamboo skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each tomato in half. Thread one half of one tomato onto the skewer, cut side facing up.
- Next thread a basil leaf, followed by one mozzarella ball, another basil leaf and a tomato half--cut side facing up.
- Repeat process until you have 6 skewers.
- Drizzle each skewer with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange on serving platter and serve at room temperature.