Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great summer or anytime hot weather side dish! Love the combo of flavors-especially after overnight melding! From Martha Stewart Living.....
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 lb roma tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine beans, tomatoes, basil and salt in a bowl and season with pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned (approx. 2 minutes). Pour over bean mixture and gently toss. Let stand 30 minutes or longer to allow flavors to meld. Can be covered and kept at room temp for up to 4 hours.
Very good salad. I used a lot less oil just for calorie reasons, but the 1/4 cup would have been fine. I made this as a side dish for dinner tonight and my DH and bothed loved it. It was very easy to throw together and was very pretty! I do think it makes more than 4 servings as a side dish :) Found this through SparkPeeople.com!