Recipe by Serah B.
From "The Everything Raw Food Cookbook." My kids call these "pizza crackers," as they have an almost cheesy flavor. Cooking time included soaking and dehydrating time. **NOTE: You need a dehydrator for this recipe**
Top Review by AussiePat
I love this recipe. I'm attempting to greatly reduce the amount of wheat in my diet and was looking for a tasty bread replacement. I have made these crackers twice and love the flavour of the tomatoes and basil. I adjusted the temp - 115deg for 4hrs initially, then an extra 10. I had some trouble processing the mix after adding the flax meal, but they still came out well. I probably need to upgrade my processor!!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, raw unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 2 cups flax seeds
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak sunflower seeds in water for 4 hours. Soak sun-dried tomatoes for 3 hours.
- Grind flax into coarse powder.
- Process sunflower seeds, celery, sun-dried tomatoes, dates, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, and salt in food processor.
- Add tomato, basil and ground flax and pulse until well-mixed.
- Spread mixture about 1/4-inch thick onto dehydrator trays with nonstick sheets.
- Dehydrate at 145F for 2 hours.
- Cut into cracker-sized pieces.
- Turn over and dehydrate at 115F for an additional 8 hours.