1/2 Photos of Tomato, Basil, and Flax Crackers
14 hrs 15 mins
Serah B.'s Note:
From "The Everything Raw Food Cookbook." My kids call these "pizza crackers," as they have an almost cheesy flavor. Cooking time included soaking and dehydrating time. **NOTE: You need a dehydrator for this recipe**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak sunflower seeds in water for 4 hours. Soak sun-dried tomatoes for 3 hours.
- 2Grind flax into coarse powder.
- 3Process sunflower seeds, celery, sun-dried tomatoes, dates, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, and salt in food processor.
- 4Add tomato, basil and ground flax and pulse until well-mixed.
- 5Spread mixture about 1/4-inch thick onto dehydrator trays with nonstick sheets.
- 6Dehydrate at 145F for 2 hours.
- 7Cut into cracker-sized pieces.
- 8Turn over and dehydrate at 115F for an additional 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Basil, and Flax Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.0
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1345.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g