Recipe by Rita~
A good old sandwich that's comforting, quick, easy, fresh, simple, out of the garden and delish.
Top Review by bratty
I threw this together because I've had a busy day and I wanted something quick and easy. I had fresh basil and tomoatoes on hand for a recipe I'm making tomorrow, so I gave this recipe a try. This was a wonderful simple sandwich. I'll be making this again soon. Thanks!
- 2 slices fresh white bread
- 2 slices fresh ripe tomatoes
- 3 -4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices American cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread Mayo on one side of both slices of bread place basil leaves on Mayo then tomato and cheese on one slice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place slice of bread on top and slice in half side to side or corner to corner& enjoy.
- Hopefully you get the best summer tomatoes that when eating this the juice drips and makes you feel like a kid!