Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This dish is usually very rich with cream, cheese and salty meat......now don't get me wrong.....I love it, but it does NOT love me! So here is my healthier version. Okay, it is different, but I still think of it as Straw and Hay! BTW, I suggest you try Oven-Dried Tomatoes by Mirj. I also recommend my Just a Mere Tomato Sauce!
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (or oven dried)
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine (fresh is best)
- 1 lb egg fettuccine (fresh is best)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven-dried tomatoes in a small bowl of warm water.
- When soft, drain and cut into thin slices.
- Cook the fettuccines separately in boiling water until al dente. (OR -- cook egg first, remove, keep warm and cook spinach in same water.).
- Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in skillet, add garlic and oven-dried tomatoes.
- Cook until garlic is tender.
- Add sauce and basil; cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss pasta with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.