Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
No fat, Low calorie and it tastes good! This Tomato-Balsamic Relish with onions,garlic and basil is to very refreshing and easy to make just in time for those summer tomatoes. Use to top a bed of greens, scoop it up with cucumber slices or chips, a burger, turkey sandwich grilled meats or all alone.
- 3⁄4 cup diced can tomatoes, fresh
- 1⁄8 cup finely dice red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 -8 fresh basil leaves, garnish
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside at room temperature to let the flavors blend.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
This is great - so simple and packed with so much flavor! I served it over spinach and it was a wonderful, easy salad. Thanks for sharing!
Wow this is wonderful! I made only one change, which was to chop up the basil leaves and add them in. I'd definitely do that again as I loved the little bursts of fresh basil with the tomato and balsamic. I served this as a condiment for vegetable and chicken kabobs cooked on the grill. Next time I'd double it, because this was gone in a flash!
Very nice relish; goes well with lean roast venison. Delicious combination of flavors, thanks!