1/2 Photos of Tomato-Balsamic Barbecued Chicken
This Mediterranean-inspired recipe was posted in my local paper. This chicken has a flavorful, tangy glaze that takes advantage of pre-seasoned tomato paste and the complex sweet acidity of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste with basil and garlic
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2To make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place on two, rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat a gas grill to medium-high or prepare a charcoal fire.
- 5Remove chicken from oven and cool for 5 minutes. If desired, remove the skin. Brush the chicken generously with the tomato-balsamic sauce.
- 6Grill the chicken, turning and basting frequently until browned and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Balsamic Barbecued Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.5
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 638.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato paste with basil and garlic