Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Kraft Food and Family.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup low fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Place onions in bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with chicken.
- Combine tomatoes, dressing and garlic powder; pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I loved the idea of this recipe. I ended up using 3 large tomatoes that I chopped into large chunks. Next time I would drain some of their juice out since it ended up pretty watery. I also used fresh, minced garlic instead of garlic powder and then I used homemade balsalmic dressing since I don't buy store bought dressing. I then just sprinkled rosemary, salt, and pepper on top before baking. It would have been really good with some fresh or dried basil. We topped it with parmesan after plating it since we have a milk allergy in the family. Thank you for the yummy recipe!
I don't normally like Kraft recipes, they tend to use too many prepacked ingredients, but this one is AWESOME! It's a staple in our house, super fast to throw together and super tasty. I leave out the parm, personal preferance, and I usually end up adding extra balsamic dressing. I use Kraft Light Balsamic Vinegrette and serve with a side of buttered garlic angel hair and a steamed veggie.