Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is suppose to be an appetizer, but it is so good I use it as side dish at meal time. A good friend made this recipe and brought to work for a potluck dinner and I have been making it ever since.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (not buttermilk)
- 3 -4 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons chopped dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (green & white parts)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 ounces)
- Remove Biscuits from package and separate.
- Line the bottom (not the sides) of a lightly greased casserole dish with biscuit dough; press dough together with your fingers and pat it smooth.
- Arrange tomatoes on top of dough.
- Sprinkle basil, salt and pepper on tomatoes; top with green onions.
- Combine the mayo and cheese; spread over the tomatoes and onions; put in oven.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until crust is done.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
This was delicious and so easy to prepare. I had seeded my tomatoes and it was not too juicy so the biscuits were not soggy. It sure was difficult, though, to flatten those biscuits on a greased dish; they just kept shrinking back! But it was a wonderful dish and definitely not an appetizer.
I made this and it was great! I ended up eating it as a meal as well. I used regular onions, and Mrs. Dash tomato, basil, and garlic seasoning, since I didn't have any basil on hand.
I made this tonight as a side dish and it was Delicious. I did have alittle trouble getting my biscuits to cook all the way thru though, I had to cook it about 10 minutes longer. I think maybe I didn't flatten the biscuits enough. All in all, it turned out tasting wonderful. I was thinking the next time I make this, I'll omit the mayo & jack cheese and just use feta. Thanks for a great recipe Vicki