Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tomatoes, onions, and sliced mushrooms are included in this quick making easy pizza.
Make and share this Tomato Baguette Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) French baguettes, halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute longer.
- Place baguette halves on a baking sheet, sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Top each half baguette with 1/2 cup of the basil , 1/2 of the mushroom mixture, 1/2 of the tomatoes, and the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil, and cut each portion into 3 slices.6.
This was a good dinner for me and the kids. They don't care for mushrooms so we did leave those off but made as directed otherwise.
My family used this for a light supper the other night, and it was delicious. We never used a baguette before, but it was definetely a good idea, and it was almost sandwhich-y in nature. We used plenty of tomatoes, as we are tomato lovers, and white button mushrooms.