Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from The Pampered Chef. Looks like a great appetizer! I haven't made this yet so preparation time is estimated.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked,drained,crumbled
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 10 ounces homemade pizza dough or 10 ounces store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan, then distribute the corn meal evenly over the bottom.
- Combine bacon, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and basil in bowl and mix lightly.
- Press the pizza crust into the greased pan so that it's an even thickness all around.
- Mix mayonnaise with garlic, and spread over the crust.
- Top evenly with bacon mixture, and then cover with the shredded cheese.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and crust is a deep golden brown.
- Cut into 24 squares and serve.