Prep 5 mins
Cook 21 mins
Just what the doctor ordered for those cold winter days, a family favourite.
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic (optional)
- 2 (400 g) cans tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Based on 1100w Microwave Oven please adjust for your's.
- Place bacon and onion (and garlic) in 4-litre casserole dish. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on high for 16 to 18 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Puree in food processor or blender and serve in individual soup bowls.
- Garnish with flakes of your favourite cheese (Parmesan) and some light sour cream and have some warm crusty bread rolls handy as well. Enjoy!
I was looking for something easy & quick after a long day at work. This is it! Full of flavour and easy. I like chilli so next time I'm going to add a tad. A good one to play with flavours.
My son and I both enjoyed although I only put in 1 cup of water but 2 teaspoons stock and did not puree as we prefer chunky soups.