Recipe by Charmie777
This came from Rosetto Frozen Ravioli. It's quick and delicious!
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
Delicious! Enjoyed this alot tonight. I used more garlic (4 cloves) and 16 ounces of applewood smoked bacon. I prefer Buitoni refrigerated ravioli , so I used that-the cheese kind (20 ounce size). I took another reviewer's advice and drained off all the bacon fat and sauteed the onion/garlic in olive oil instead. I used petite diced tomatoes and didn't drain them. I added in a pinch of sugar to bring out the sweetness in the tomatoes and topped each serving with fresh minced parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese. I served it with a salad and garlic cheese toast. I will be making this with some fresh basil again soon. This will be a nice, light summer meal Thank you so much for sharing!
- 25 ounces frozen ravioli, any flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces bacon, finely diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare ravioli as directed.
- Meanwhile, place oil and bacon in pan.
- Heat and cook bacon until brown.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with drained ravioli and serve.