Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Rosetto Frozen Ravioli. It's quick and delicious!
- 25 ounces frozen ravioli, any flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces bacon, finely diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- Prepare ravioli as directed.
- Meanwhile, place oil and bacon in pan.
- Heat and cook bacon until brown.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with drained ravioli and serve.
Delicious! Enjoyed this alot tonight. I used more garlic (4 cloves) and 16 ounces of applewood smoked bacon. I prefer Buitoni refrigerated ravioli , so I used that-the cheese kind (20 ounce size). I took another reviewer's advice and drained off all the bacon fat and sauteed the onion/garlic in olive oil instead. I used petite diced tomatoes and didn't drain them. I added in a pinch of sugar to bring out the sweetness in the tomatoes and topped each serving with fresh minced parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese. I served it with a salad and garlic cheese toast. I will be making this with some fresh basil again soon. This will be a nice, light summer meal Thank you so much for sharing!
This was really good and very quick!
This was really good and super easy to prepare. My kids didn't like it, because I used Portabella Mushroom stuffed ravioli. If I'd used the 3-cheese kind, they probably would have loved it. I used pancetta instead of bacon, but otherwise followed the recipe.