Recipe by Shelby Jo
From the April/May 2008 edition of Taste of Home.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
well I did a few changes to this recipe I used half mayo and sour cream and also added in 1 teaspoon garlic powder and some cayenne pepper to the cream mixture, I would strongly suggest to use only Roma (plum) tomatoes to avoid too much moisture from the tomatoes, also to brush the unbaked crust lightly with egg white to avoid a soggy crust, we enjoyed the tonight, thanks Shelby!
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 10 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pastry shell according to package directions; cool.
- Place tomatoes in the crust; sprinkle with bacon. In a bowl cmobine the mayonnaise and cheese. Spoon over bacon in the center of pie, leaving 1 inch around edge. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent over browning.