Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really yummy comfort soup with a zing. Brings together the classic taste of cream of tomato, bacon and grilled cheese all in a soup. The pepperjack is the surprise zing.
- 1 quart tomato with juice (I use home canned)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon (I use "Better Than Boullion paste)
- 1 cup milk (or half n half)
- 6 slices bacon (fried crisp and crumbled)
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (shredded)
- 1. Blend tomatoes in blender to smooth (or leave larger bits if you like).
- 2. Place in 2 Qt pan.
- 3. Add beef boullion paste to taste. I start with 2 teaspoons.
- 4. Add some milk or half n half.
- 5. Fry up bacon crisp and crumble it into soup.
- 6. Heat until ready to boil and turn down to simmer 15-20 minutes.
- 7. Top with shredded pepperjack when serving.
- 8. You can add toasted croutons as well, but I didn't want the additional carbs.
Who knew tomato soup could be so spectacular. Extremely easy to make too. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe Viki. Made for the "Let's Party" 2010 Event.
This is just delicious. It takes a simple and wonderful tomato soup (5 stars right there in my opinion) and brings it up to the next level. I served this with grilled cheese sandwiches for a super easy weeknight meal.