Another very versatile recipe - use it as you see fit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the bacon until very crisp.
- 2Reserve and measure the drippings – you will need 2 or 3 ounces of melted fat.
- 3Set the bacon aside and crumble 3 rashers when it is cool.
- 4In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions, stirring often, until they are all quite brown or are turning black.
- 5In the meantime, pour the water, honey and vinegar into a bowl.
- 6Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- 7Add cornstarch and whisk thoroughly again.
- 8Add tomato paste and whisk thoroughly again.
- 9Add the mustard to the onions and gently but thoroughly mix together.
- 10Now pour the water, vinegar, honey, cornstarch and tomato paste melange into the saucepan with the mustard and onions.
- 11Add the crumbled bacon and optional hot sauce.
- 12Stir constantly over medium-high heat until thickening and boiling.
- 13Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato & Bacon Dressing (or dip, or sauce!)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 81.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: