Recipe by zaarnut
Fresh tomatoes from the garden really make this dish.
Top Review by Shaggy Red Chef
It was amazing! We used turkey bacon, and this quiche was wonderful. My wife had never tried quiche, and made fun of me for getting excited about making one, but she sure changed her tune once this was ready! Can't wait to make it again!
- 1 refrigerated 9 inch pie shell
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 5 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pie crust in pie pan, and prebake it for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cook chopped turkey bacon and red onion until carmelized in frying pan, and place in separate dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese, and seasonings in mixing bowl. Add the onions and bacon, and pour into prebaked pie crust. (Note: pie crust does not have to be browned,only a little hardened.).
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top, one by one, all around until the top is covered.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until knife inserted is 'clean'.