Fresh tomatoes from the garden really make this dish.
Make and share this Tomato, Bacon, and Onion Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- Place pie crust in pie pan, and prebake it for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cook chopped turkey bacon and red onion until carmelized in frying pan, and place in separate dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese, and seasonings in mixing bowl. Add the onions and bacon, and pour into prebaked pie crust. (Note: pie crust does not have to be browned,only a little hardened.).
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top, one by one, all around until the top is covered.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until knife inserted is 'clean'.