Recipe by Lakerdog2
Fast and really good. On the table in under 30 minutes. Original recipe calls for fresh tomatoes, but I actually prefer to use canned, diced ones. I like to add a little of the juice into the pasta when I toss it to keep it moist.
Top Review by Starrynews
Quick and easy! I used pepper bacon for a little heat and added some sauteed zucchini to make it a one-dish meal. I also added fresh tomatoes from the local farmer's market - lovely. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped, fresh OR 1 14.5 oz. canned diced tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to desired doneness. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- In medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove and set on paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 tbsp drippings in the skillet. Add onion and cook until crisp-tender.
- Crumble bacon, add bacon, tomato and basil to the onions. Cook until just heated.
- Add to cooked pasta and toss well. Add salt and pepper if you want.