Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with this because I wanted a light and healthy alternative for breakfast. I hope you love it as much as we do.
- Split and toast English muffins to desired color.
- Place 1/4 of the cottage cheese on each muffin half.
- Place 1/2 a Canadian bacon slice on each half of each muffin.
- Place 1 tomato slice on each muffin half.
- Salt and pepper tomato slice to taste and serve.
- Optionally, you may quickly brown the Canadian bacon in a hot pan before placing it on the English muffin.
This was a tasty quick lunch. I used streaky bacon as it was what I had on hand though were I to make this again I would probably use the Canadian bacon. Thanks for sharing!
A very tasty breakfast or brunch recipe which I enjoyed yesterday; I did not have Canadian bacon, so I cooked some English bacon slices. I also pan fried my tomatoes very quickly before adding them to the sandwich. I had to use French baguette, this made the sandwich lovely and crusty and with more bite than a muffin! I liked the combination of the bacon, tomato and cottage cheese - however, I felt that there was too much cottage cheese in ratio to the bacon and tomato, BUT this is a healthy recipe! I would like to try this again in a muffin and with less cottage cheese - tasty and healthy! Thanks Brandess - made for PAC spring 2008. FT :-)
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I never thought of adding these ingredients to a toasted english muffin. Very delicious. I omitted the bacon because I don't eat meat and I used sundried tomatoes. It made a great lite supper for me tonight. Made for Aprils' AUrecipeswap~