Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Simple sandwich by 1960's Campbell Soup Company--cookbook. This is a very basic recipe--to be played around with. I encourage you to add any fun additions, and lots of spices as you see fit.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup (or better yet, use pepper jack cheese cheese soup)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices toast, buttered
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp; pour off drippings.
- Set aside.
- Stir soup into skillet.
- Add milk, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat slowly; stir often.
- Meanwhile, make open-face sandwiches by placing tomato and bacon on toast.
- Top each toast sandwich with warmed sauce mixture.