Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple sandwich by 1960's Campbell Soup Company--cookbook. This is a very basic recipe--to be played around with. I encourage you to add any fun additions, and lots of spices as you see fit.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup (or better yet, use pepper jack cheese cheese soup)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices toast, buttered
- Cook bacon until crisp; pour off drippings.
- Set aside.
- Stir soup into skillet.
- Add milk, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat slowly; stir often.
- Meanwhile, make open-face sandwiches by placing tomato and bacon on toast.
- Top each toast sandwich with warmed sauce mixture.
This was okay, I think it was the cheddar cheese soup that did not agree with my pallete, thanks Andi!...Kitten
Oh, my goodness, Andi!!!! This recipe is outstanding, to say the least...more like " can I have seconds, pls?" Definitely guests pleasers. I did alter one thing (you said it was Ok) I had some left-over-to use-up mexican cheese sauce that I had used for another recipe...with green chilies and red pepper...used it for the cheese sauce. I knew you wouldn't mind...got mucho mmmmmmms and ohhhhs! Love this wonderful brunch recipe! You da bomb, lady!
Simple and tasty sandwich - what's not to love about bacon and tomato together. As you encouraged in your intro, I did play around a little bit, lol. I couldn't find a pepper jack cheese soup which sounded good, so I used the cheddar cheese soup and added a few cubes of pepper jack cheese. Then I added some salsa which we liked alot. Thanks Andi for a fun sandwich.