Prep 50 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice way to serve grilled salmon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
Tomato Avocada Salsa
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients forthe Tomato Avocado Salsa together and refrigerate.
- Mix together olive oil lemon juice, salt, ground cumin, ground red pepper, and crushed garlic for the marinade.
- Pour into a zip lock and add fish.
- Refrigerate fish and marinade for 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Grill fish 4 inches from coals for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Brush marinade on halibut while grilling at least 3 to 4 times and turn fish at least one time.
- Throw away marinade when done grilling.
- Serve salsa over fish.