Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh, light, delicious salad.
- 2 medium avocados, halved and skin removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tomatoes, quartered,deseeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 bunch shallot, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways,deseeded,finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch arugula leaf, rinsed
- 3 ounces black olives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine mustard, vinegar, garlic and olive oil in a small jar with lid and shake well.
- Place the tomato, shallots, cucumber and basil in a small bowl, add the dressing and mix to combine.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the avocado halves.
- Use a small knife to remove a 1/2 inch slice of the rounded side of the avocado half.
- Place the avocado halves on serving plates.
- Divide the tomato salad equally among the four avocado halves.
- Garnish with arugula leaves and black olives.
Very tasty salad! One of my new favorites. Thank you for the recipe! :)