Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing, cool, light salad for summer meals. It is from Cooking for the Rushed by Sandi Richard.
- 2 avocados
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Peel avocados.
- Cut avocados and tomatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Slice green onions.
- Toss the avocados, tomatoes, and green onions in a small salad bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, garlic and spices. Gently toss until the oil and spices evenly coat the tomatoes and avocados.
- Serve immediately.
- You can refrigerate before serving, but make sure you place the avocado pits in the bowl and cover tightly to prevent browning (remove the pits before serving).
This is a quick and yummy salad/side dish. I used diced white onions in place of the green onions. I thought it needed some cilantro, so I added some cilantro and a bit of lime juice, too. Thanx for sharing this! I'll make this again.
Only change I made to this perfect gem of a salad was to slice rather than dice the avocados and tomatoes. I just preferred that appearance.