Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in the cooking section of my local newspaper.
- 6 slices sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (4 c)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 3 cups arugula
- Heat oven to 400. Toss bread with 2 T olive oil, garlic powder, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Arrange the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the remaining 1/4 c oliveoil, red wine vinegar, garlic, fig jam and white wine. Blend until smooth, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the tomatoes, avocadoes, fennel and feta. When the bread has cooled, add it to the vegetables. Drizzle the dressing over the tomato-bread mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Place 1/2 c of the arugula on each of 6 serving plates. Top with salad.