"A great party salsa. For a different twist, serve with malanga, plantain, or yuca chips". That is the description as it appears on the email my friend sent with this recipe. Haven't tried it yet but you can't go wrong with Avocado!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pureed chipotle chiles (to taste)
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In large bowl combine avocados, red onion, tomatoes, and tomato juice.
- 2Gently stir with wooden spoon or your hand just until blended.
- 3Gently stir in chipotle purée or rocoto paste, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- 4Let sit about 20 minutes, then stir in the cilantro and serve.
- 5Or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Return to room temperature and stir in cilantro just before serving.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Avocado, and Cilantro Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (1409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 683.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar