Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
"A great party salsa. For a different twist, serve with malanga, plantain, or yuca chips". That is the description as it appears on the email my friend sent with this recipe. Haven't tried it yet but you can't go wrong with Avocado!
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pureed chipotle chiles (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In large bowl combine avocados, red onion, tomatoes, and tomato juice.
- Gently stir with wooden spoon or your hand just until blended.
- Gently stir in chipotle purée or rocoto paste, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Let sit about 20 minutes, then stir in the cilantro and serve.
- Or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Return to room temperature and stir in cilantro just before serving.