Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Haven't tried this yet... hope to soon
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ml dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄4 ml dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 2 small aubergines
- 55 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 75 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium-high heat; cook onion, mushrooms, garlic and 2 tbsp water, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes, marjoram, thyme and salt and pepper to taste; cook for 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Slice courgettes and aubergines diagonllay into 5 mm thick slices. Toss aubergine with remaining oil.
- Spread 125 ml of the tomato sauce in a glass baking dish. Layer with half of the courgette, aubergine and sauce, repeat layers.
- Mix breadcrumbs with cheese; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered at 200 C for 35 minutes or until bubbling.
Excellent!!!! my kind of recipe. I can't wait for the fresh veggies from my big garden. They will make it even better! I added some fresh Basil, but it's wonderful just as it is! Thanks!!!!