Recipe by Dan-Amer #1
This very unusual recipe caught my attention and I am posting it here. It is from "Bach for More", a cookbook published in 1974 in support of the Cleveland Orchestra. Cooking time is chilling time in the refrigerator.
- 3 (3 ounce) packagesraspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 3 (1 lb) cans stewed tomatoes
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 'tbs chives, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- TOMATO ASPIC:.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water.
- Stir in the tomatoes, breaking up large pieces with a fork.
- Add the Tabasco sauce to your own taste and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 3 quart ring mold and chill. Serve with horseradish sauce.
- HORSERADISH SAUCE.
- Combine all of the ingredients and chill for about an hour or so.