Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Aspic popularity comes and goes, but if you like it, this one is great with Chicken Salad Cooking time is chill time.
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 cups boiling tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Let gelatin soak in cold water. Add gelatin mixture to boiling tomato juice. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Pour into molds. Chill.
- Tea Room Notes: Small ring molds were used for this aspic. It was often served on chicken, shrimp or tuna salads. Quite colorful and tasty.