Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
An easy spring salad with just five ingredients.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus and remove scales with a vegetable peeler.
- Cook asparagus, covered in a small amount of boiling water for 6- 8 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Drain, them plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain and set aside.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates.
- Arrange asparagus spears and tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle wth salad dressing and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.