Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite salads. Very quick and easy to make. I often use tomatoes from my garden to make it special.
- 8 ounces baby greens
- 1 bunch arugula, trimmed
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, each cut lengthwise in half
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- salt and pepper
- Place salad greens and arugula in serving bowl; add tomatoes and pine nuts; toss well.
- In small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad and toss well.
- Scatter Parmesan shavings on top to serve.
I love this salad and its Italian flavor.
I used my first salad from the garden! For the dressing I used white balsamico vinegar
I use most balsamico vine for my salads as it is less acid and has a delicious smell.
Thanks a lot I will enjoy this salad many times again!
Lovely salad, simple dressing and the pine nuts gave that little special extra. Served with a vegetarian Mexican Casserole - They went well together