- 4 tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 6 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, artichoke hearts, milk, chicken stock and cream in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and seasonings in butter.
- Add flour slowly and cook, stirring, until mixture is golden brown.
- Slowly add onion roux to artichoke mixture, stirring constantly, and cook until soup thickens.