Recipe by Izzy Knight
From the Vancouver Sun. I tried it and found it an easy and refreshing spring salad.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup chopped basil
- 1⁄8 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange alternate slices of tomato and cucumber in circular fashion on serving platter.
- Place artichoke quarters and orange sections in centre.
- Sprinkle with green onions and herbs.
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, orange juice, mustard and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving.