Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
rotini is great for this recipe but feel free to use any type of pasta that you like or have on hand.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 3⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (divided in half)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 whole artichoke hearts (cut into thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 medium shallot (sliced)
- 1 cup vermentino dry white wine (or another white dry wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta for 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When pan starts to smoke, saute the shallot for 1 min.
- Add the artichoke slices and brown until golden.
- Add the thyme and wine and cover the pan, letting the liquid almost evaporate.
- Just before adding the pasta, quickly saute the cherry tomatoes for 1 min.
- just so they release their juices.
- Add the hot pasta to the pan along with the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Saute for 2 minutes and serve immediately.