Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from Woman's Day (Nov 2008) - husband & I enjoyed it - kids ate the chicken without.
Make and share this Tomato Artichoke Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.62 ml pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz each, tenderloins removed)
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 389.80 g can artichoke hearts, sliced
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size plastic ziptop bag. Add chicken breasts, close bag, and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Using same skillet, bring to simmer diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and balsamic vinegar. Cook 3 minutes.
- Spoon on chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella.
So simple and so obvious for someone who loves balsamic vinegar and yet, I had never tried this particular combination. I used boneless skinless thighs and skipped the flour. It really is the sauce that makes the dish and I returned the chicken to the pan for the final two minutes so that it could soak up the marvelous flavors. Even though I was only making enough chicken for two I made the full amount of the sauce and it was gone. Were I making enough for four, i would consider doubling to have extras to enjoy over pasta, rice or some other starch. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008.
Fantastic! I have made this a few times and the whole family loves it from the 2 and 5 year olds to us adults. I did omit the mozzarella cheese to cut the calories and it is still great. I serve it over steamed brown rice and there is plenty of sauce to flavor both the chicken and rice. Definitely will continue to make this one!