Recipe by Bec
Very fast to prepare! Note: So breasts cook evenly, places halves smooth side down and gently pull off the tenderloin strips. Save strips for another use.
Top Review by SweetSueAl
I am giving this recipe 4 stars as I prepared it. I was looking for something to cook with chicken breasts that was low fat and had ingredients that I had in my kitchen (no store run for me). I basically followed the directions, however when I was rummaging through my fridge, I had a bag of baby spinach that needed to be used, so I threw about 3/4 of the bag in the pan and decided to throw in some minced (fresh) garlic too. I did this before adding the artichokes and tomatoes to the pan. It was flavorful, reasonably healthy and easy.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- For chicken, mix flour, salt and pepper in a gallon-size plastic food bag.
- Add chicken, close bag and shake to coat chicken breast halves evenly.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and, turning once, cook 8 minutes or until golden and barely pink in center.
- Remove to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Using same skillet (leave in any fat) add Tomato-Artichoke ingredients and bring to a simmer; cook 3 minutes to blend flavors. Add Chicken and cook fully.
- Spoon on chicken; sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.