1/2 Photos of Tomato-Artichoke Bruschetta Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This flavorful, savory bread is a delicious accompaniment to pasta, soup or salad. I think this would also make a nice appetizer bread. **Optional shortcut method: Thaw one loaf Rhode's frozen bread dough. Follow directions starting with step 9.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup artichoke, trimmed and chopped (canned or bottled)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (in oil)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, shelled
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1Place butter and milk in a non-metallic dish and microwave on high 1 minute or until butter is just melted.
- 2Add sugar and salt; stir until dissolved.
- 3Pour milk mixture into mixer bowl.
- 4Test liquid to make sure it is not more than 90°F; Add yeast. Stir until dissolved.
- 5Let stand 15-20 minutes until yeast proofs.
- 6Mix in egg.
- 7While mixing on high speed, using bread hook, gradually add flour.
- 8Continue kneading until dough is well kneaded and elastic. Dough will be soft but workable.
- 9In a separate bowl, mix together artichokes, tomatoes, pine nuts and 3/4 cup of the cheese; set aside.
- 10Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll into a 8"x11" rectangle.
- 11Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Spread over dough rectangle with pastry brush, leaving a 1/2 inch border unbuttered.
- 12Spread artichoke-tomato mixture evenly over buttered area of dough.
- 13Roll up like a jelly roll, folding the ends under to fit pan.
- 14Use some of the melted butter to grease a loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of remaining cheese over bottom of pan.
- 15Place loaf in prepared pan, seam-side down.
- 16Baste loaf with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 17Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place.
- 18When loaf has risen, bake in 425°F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue cooking until done, about 35 - 40 minutes, depending upon your oven.
- 19Brush top of loaf with melted butter while still hot.
- 20Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 21Refrigerate any leftover bread.
- 22**Note** Times do not include time for bread to rise.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Artichoke Bruschetta Bread
Serving Size: 1 (753 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3029.6
- Calories from Fat 1777
- Total Fat 197.5 g
- Saturated Fat 95.6 g
- Cholesterol 594.6 mg
- Sodium 3825.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 269.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 57.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: