Recipe by Abby Girl
This is a recipe that I had adapted to suit my family needs. If you are in a rush, substitute the Herb Vinaigrette with any purchased vinaigrette
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, halved
- 2 -170 ml marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar, honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine water and salt; cover and bring to a boil. Stir in lemon juice. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer couscous to large bowl and fluff with fork; let cool for about 15 minutes, fluffing with fork frequently.
- Salad: Add tomatoes, feta cheese, onions, olives, artichoke and parsley to couscous; stir to mix.
- Add vinaigrette and toss to ix. Add salt and pepper to taste.