Recipe by Nif
A fresh and unique salsa that is also healthy! I do not like cilantro and prefer just plain ol' parsley. This would be great with fish or chicken. Enjoy!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
delicious and a great way to use up my garden tomatoes, I used seasoned salt and I increased the amount I also added in some cayenne pepper I can't eat anything unless it has a fair amount of heat, thanks for sharing Niffie!
- 8 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt