Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh and unique salsa that is also healthy! I do not like cilantro and prefer just plain ol' parsley. This would be great with fish or chicken. Enjoy!
- 8 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, apple, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime zest and salt in a serving bowl. Serve at once or store, covered, in the fridge up to 2 days.
delicious and a great way to use up my garden tomatoes, I used seasoned salt and I increased the amount I also added in some cayenne pepper I can't eat anything unless it has a fair amount of heat, thanks for sharing Niffie!